Wednesday 14 September 2016

Early Morn

If you would ask me," What's the most beautiful place to be in Chandigarh? "

I would like to say," Well, I am not a very outdoorsy person, but the most beautiful thing about this city is its Dawn. "

Dawn of a September day, the dawn of an October day.

And yet, I don't visit it often myself, 

Because no matter how cocooned we are; no matter how much beauty surrounds us, 
it is our nature to only believe in the reality of hardships; to be disillusioned. 

And so all things of real beauty, are the things often ignored. 

But I wish to see the dawn more often, while I still can.

Hear the birdsong, the humming of morning traffic,
And the voices in my head- more often.

Watch the Sun rise from a purple mist of clouds,

Guarded by the gray landscape of the mountains- more often.

I wish to look at the street from my balcony and feel like I am watching Malgudi- more often.

Catch a bird drinking from the earth and watch it secretly- more often.

Most of all, I wish I would write about it- more often.


Shruti Munjal 

No comments:

Post a Comment